*Serves 4 people
4 x Osso Bucco
75ml Plain Flour
Pinch of Salt and Pepper
50ml Olive Oil
5ml Fresh/dried Sage
5ml Fresh/ dried Rosemary
1 x Large Brown Onion, chopped
3 x Garlic clove, chopped/minced
2 x Carrots, chopped
1 x Celery Stalk, chopped
500ml Dry white wine
200ml Beef stock
40ml Tomato paste
30ml Parsley, chopped
Grated Lemon rind
*Rice or Risotto (see cooking instructions on packet)
1) Dredge Osso Bucco in mixture of plain flour, salt and pepper
2) Brown the Osso Bucco on medium-high heat with Olive oil and Butter in a heavy base pan.
3) Add Sage, Rosemary, Onion, one clove of minced Garlic, Carrots, Celery and sauté until vegetables are soft. Add Salt.
4) Cover with Lid and braise for 10 minutes.
5) Add Wine, Beef stock, and Tomato Paste to the pan and allow to heat gently.
6) Cover again and allow it to simmer for approximately two hours or until meat is tender.
Combine remaining Garlic, Parsley and Lemon rind. Sprinkle over Osso Bucco and serve immediately with Rice/ Risotto.
**Pairs beautifully with our Cabernet Merlot.