Tagliatelle Pasta with Pine Mushrooms
*Serves 4 people
500g Tipo "00" flour or plain flour
400g Pine Mushrooms (or Mushroom of choice)
1/4 bunch of Thyme
Lemon to taste
1) Pour flour and in a medium sized bowl, then make a well in the flour and add all the eggs. Mix gradually, working in the flour from the sides.
2) Once all mixed, place the dough on the bench and knead until smooth. Once smooth, wrap the dough in cling film and rest in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours.
3) After 2 hours, take the dough out of the fridge and using a pasta machine gradually roll the dough through until desired thickness is reached (use plenty of flour as you go so the dough doesn't stick). If you're happy with the thickness, cut pasta into thin ribbons using a knife. Then toss flour through the pasta to make sure it doesn't stick together.
4) Place a medium sized pot of water on to boil, and while you're waiting for the water to boil, clean the Pine Mushrooms and slice into 1cm wide pieces.
5) Melt butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Once melted, add Pine Mushrooms and turn heat to high. Cook for 5 minutes, turning and tossing the mushrooms as you go.
Add Thyme and Lemon to taste. Don't forget to season with salt and pepper too.
6) Add pasta to boiling water, cook for 3-4 minutes, until al dente.
7) Drain the pasta, and toss mushrooms throughout.
8) Serve with grated Pecorino Cheese on top and pour yourself a beautiful glass of Chardonnay.