Homemade Margherita Pizza
*Serves 4 people
500g ‘00’ flour
350g water(32 °C-35 °C)
2 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon instant dry yeast
1 can San Marzano tomatoes
200g Buffalo Mozzarella
½ bunch basil
1) Start the dough in the morning
2)Mix yeast with 1 tablespoon of the water and set aside.
3) Using a stand mixer, gently combine the flour and remaining water until incorporated
4) Cover and set aside for 30 mins.
5) Sprinkle the salt over the dough and add the yeast mixture.
6) Using the dough hook on the stand mixer, mix the dough for 5 mins on a medium speed.
7) Let the dough rest for 30 mins then, using a slightly wet hand, stretch the dough out on one side and fold back to the center, repeat on the other side and turn the dough out into a lightly oiled container.
8) Cover with a damp tea towel and allow to prove at room temperature for 5-6 hours until doubled in volume.
9) Turn dough out onto a floured surface and dust with flour. Divide into 4 portions and gently shape into balls by first folding the edges of the dough into the center to build tension. Turn the dough over and roll into a ball using a circular motion with your hand.
10) Place the dough on a lightly floured tray, lightly oil the tops and cover with cling film.
11) Rest at room temperature for 45 mins then refrigerate for 30 mins use.
12) Preheat oven on the highest setting with pizza stone 20cm below the grill.
13) To make the sauce, drain the can of tomatoes over a fine sieve for 5 mins.
14) Blend the tomatoes until smooth with 1 basil leaf.
15) Shape and top the pizzas one at a time on a lightly floured surface, top with tomato, torn buffalo mozzarella and basil.
16) Place into oven using a pizza peel onto the pizza stone.
17) Cook for 5 mins, then turn on the grill function for 1 min.
18) Remove from the oven, drizzle with olive oil and cut into 6 slices.